Friday, November 4, 2011

my brain


Here's the thing:

My kids are alternately driving me to insanity and making my heart sing. They are such annoying, adorable little cuties.

I need a root canal. The whole idea of root canal therapy makes me uneasy. I'm just crazy enough to consider flying to Orange County to seek alternative treatment.

My sink stinks. Why can't the kids follow the "rinsed dishes in the left sink, food-y dishes in the right sink" rule? It would just make the never-ending chore of washing dishes so much easier on me.

Oregon has delicious fruit. Oregon also has an abundance of fruit flies. Nasty little buggers are loving my pears, plums, bananas, and tomatoes.

I hate ants. It is fascinating and disgusting to watch them gorging themselves on Terro (basically corn syrup laced with Borax. Hahaha. They don't stand a chance.). I just can't wait for them to take it back to their nest and for the entire colony to slowly die a boraxy death and leave my sliding glass doorway and family room the hell alone.

I really really can't stand blog-isms. Like for instance: "totes;: "adores;" any of the "sauce" variations (awesomesauce, weaksauce, lamesauce); "le sigh;" "natch;" "you're welcs;" "amazeballs;" etc. Amaz(ball)ingly, I have stumbled upon all of these examples at one time or another on just one blog! But I have read them elsewhere as well. Maybe it's not universal; maybe it's just a Mormon Mom blog thing. I don't know. Either way, I can't stand it.

My Third-Eye Blind station on Pandora rocks me! Has there been good music since the late-90s? Or is it just that my music tastes were formed by my school years and I will forever be nostalgic for the "good ol' days" of music of the 80s and 90s?

Speaking of that... I don't really FEEL very old (And no, I really am not very old), but when I realize that the teenagers I am working with at church were born when I was in 10th or 11th grade...well, then... that makes me FEEL old. (Had I been a Teen Mom) I am old enough to be their mother.

Being invited to a Halloween party by your 3-doors-down neighbors is awesome because that means they want to be your friends. But it also really, really sucks because you stand around feeling like an idiot and a loner because all their other friends are talking to each other. And then there's you. Really really awkward.

What is up with teenagers and the words "legit," "epic," and "awkward" (or, as I see so rampantly on facebook, "awk.")? "They keep using those words. I do not think those words mean what they think those words mean..."

"One Tree Hill." Thoughts? I'm giving it a try, but it's just not doing it for me. I need another "Gilmore Girls." Or another "Arrested Development." Or "Freaks & Geeks."

My neighborhood is awesome. The kids were out trick-or-treating for MAYBE a half-hour. We hit only the houses on our actual street. Each kid had ONE sucker and ONE Smarties. The rest? ALL CHOCOLATE. Quality over quantity, baby!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails