Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The good life

Seriously? I did it AGAIN? I neglected my blog? Oops. I don't know why I just haven't been feeling the whole BLOG thing lately, but I haven't. I'll try to do better (why do I suddenly feel like I am back in school, making excuses about why I didn't finish one assignment or another?)...

Life has been hectic. I finished my project for church. It didn't turn out perfectly but it turned out well enough (I think. I hope. We'll see when the youth of the entire stake view it in a few weeks...). I am just glad to be done with it.

Squeak is in the throes of three. I swear, that kid is an anomaly. I know three is bad for everybody, but something about him and his personality makes it THE WORST for me (I know! I totally just one-upped ALL OF YOU - all two of you who read my blog!!!). I'm kidding. I know he's not the worst. But some days (about every other day, if I'm being honest) it feels like it.


While I'm one-upping, my one-year-old is the WORLD'S WORST SLEEPER. Care to challenge her title? She will defend it well, I assure you. Last night, I went to bed at 11 and got up at 6 (courtesy of the lil' miss). In those 7 hours, I was up FOUR times with her. She has also decided that 6 a.m. is an ideal wake-up time and that two 30-minute naps a day is plenty... I'm tired to say the least.

But life isn't all bad. My kids are great. Even when they're not sleeping. Even when they're throwing major fits because we can't have suckers for dinner. They really are awesome. Squeak is sweet and loving and smart and inquisitive and dramatic and passionate and curious and funny. Pixie is learning and talking and running and kissing and imitating every move we all make and just making me laugh all day long. I love those two little hellions.

To illustrate my point, Pixie just stopped nursing, tugged on my nipple, and said "Ding-dong!"

Aah, life is sweet! :D

1 comment:

diane26 said...

I don't want to challenge you in the worst sleeper category because Sariah is awesome!(sorry I have to brag about her sleeping skillz). But I think I can top you in the worst attitude category. I have a 5 yr old the attitude of a 16 yr old. Complete with door slamming, "you're ruining my lifes", and stomping through the house when mad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails