Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm goin' to Disneyland


Okay, well, it should really be "I went to Disneyland," but then you wouldn't get that catchy little song stuck in your head, and what good would I be to you then?

That's my excuse for why I haven't written in...well...I don't really remember the last time I wrote.

But I threw a few birthday parties, and played host to family members a few times, and took a needed vacation. And all of a sudden, here it is mid-July. Just like that.


First my baby girl turned ONE. I'll spare you (most of) the cliches, but seriously, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!




My papae turned 70. Daddy-o's all grown up. Isn't he cute? I love my dad.


My sister and her kids stayed for a brief visit. The 4 older cousins had a few sleepovers. I love watching the kids' relationships develop. It reminds me of being a kid with my own cousins. Such fun.



I bought a dress for $2.99. Yeah, not that noteworthy, but I have little to brag about, so just let me, mkay?


I took a trip to California. Words cannot express how in love I am with San Clemente. It just feels like home (well, it feels like how home would feel if I had a spare mil lying around to pay for home...).



My kids love the beach/beachhouse. Squeak loves the beach, but mostly loves the beachhouse (primarily because it has bunkbeds). Pixie these days really hates anything that keeps her inside, so she wasn't too keen on the beachhouse (although she was happy when we left the doors open and she could wander out onto the balcony). Her true love is for the ocean. She couldn't get enough.


We also went to Disneyland. Squeak dressed as Peter Pan, and met Peter Pan. Perfection!


Pixie adored the Tiki Room.




We enjoyed ourselves a lot more on this trip than on our October Disneyland trip. The day was relaxed and low-key. We took a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day (staying at the Park Vue Inn right across from the main gate=BRILLIANT!). The weather was perfect, crowds weren't too bad, and we all just had a fun time. Even my all-things-childish (translation: fun) hating hubby. He won't admit it now to anyone we know, but he actually told me that day that he had a "really fun day." It is no surprise that I enjoyed myself. I am basically 7 years old eternally. I love Disneyland. Even better that we didn't have to pay to get in (thank you, "Give a Day, Get a Day!"). Even *better* than Squeak was tall enough to go on all the fun rides! I love having a kid who's old enough to do all those fun kid things with me. It is totally parent-perk number 2 (right after all those love feelings having kids gives you!)!


And I am already aching to go back. To California. Or to Disneyland. Or just to Vacation. I'm not picky. I am not enjoying real-life too much right now. The in-laws were here for a week and left this morning. I need to clean out the fridge. Do laundry. Weed the gardens. Clean my room. Return books to the library. All those fun real-life chores. And I am also stressing about a project I need to get done. But instead of doing it, I am doing what I do best, which is procrastinating it. 2 weeks to the deadline. Can I do it?

On a related note, anyone know of a spaceship I can use to film a movie in, somewhere along the Wasatch Front?

1 comment:

diane26 said...

I'm jealous we want to go to Disney land so bad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails