Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rutty-rut-rut, tut-tut!

I am in a major slump today.

I am just exhausted and my Squeak is wearing my nerves thin.

I didn't exercise this morning (think that could have something to do with it?) and I have no motivation to do anything at all.

I would like to curl up on the couch (oh wait, I already am), read a good book, take a long nap, watch some mindless tv, basically just forget that I have children and responsibilities for just one day.



I could complain about any number of things today. I'm just in that kind of a mood.

But instead I think I'll try and fight it. Get up off the couch. Play with my kid, no matter how crazy he's making me. Get something done. Do something creative. I might even get crazy and take a shower...

My life is blessed. I need to remember that. I chose this life (really, did I? Yes, I did.). I have two amazing, healthy, full-of-life (and energy) children. I get to stay home and be with them, watching every milestone and discovery. I have a husband who loves me. He has a great, secure job that he (mostly) enjoys. I have a beautiful home. Wonderful family. Good friends (few as they are). I have health and a relatively calm, happy life.

And now I need to get off the computer and off the couch (mostly so my head and face are out of reach of my 3-year-old, who clearly does not understand the idea of personal space).

How do you get yourself out of those slumps we all occasionally (or not-so-occasionally) fall into?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails