Wednesday, June 2, 2010

gettin' back to bootylicious!

I am getting serious about losing some weight and getting my body back! Anyone wanna get serious with me???

My starting weight, before I started working out at all a few months ago, was (I hate typing this out) 173. My goal weight? I don't really know. I am aiming for 150, but I would love to get down to 140, which is what I weighed in high school. I am not as concerned with weight as I am with the shape of my body and with being tone and fit.

My current weight is
167.

My plan? Well I workout almost every weekday morning with some friends, while our kids play. We do various videos: Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones & 30-Day Shred, Biggest Loser stuff, some happy chick that I want to punch in the face, p90x Yoga, Windsor Pilates, etc. Then I walk briskly with same friends, while pushing Squeak in the stroller and carrying Pixie on my back in a Mei Tai. I also just joined a gym that I will use primarily for the classes. I did my first Zumba class last night, and plan to sometimes go in the mornings before Santiago goes to work (5 am wake-up! I told you I was getting serious!) and sometimes in the evenings when Santiago can watch the kids (which, starting pretty soon, is not going to be very often, because...wait for it...Tiago is starting his doctorate later this month!). I'll do a class on Saturday mornings, also.

I am also making some major dietary changes. We've been eating out way too much recently. I hate it. So I'm cutting back on that. I'll consider eating out maybe once a week (like on date night), max. Also, and this is a big one, I am cutting out sweet treats and sugars. I will still eat things like yogurt and cereal sometimes, but I am not going to eat candy, or ice cream, or cookies, or the like anymore. This one will be really hard for me, because I have a major sweet tooth, but I have been feeling lately that this is something I need to do for my health (not just for my weight).

Okay, sorry for the boring post, but I felt like I needed to get it all out there! Now it's time to head out for my morning workout.

Seriously, though, anyone wanna join me in this???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails