Thursday, March 17, 2011

Providential





So I've been working on purging, organizing, and deep cleaning our house since about Christmas time. I just felt nudged to simplify.

Little did I know that I was also preparing for a move.

Husband's work has asked us to move; we have accepted. We will list our home for sale next week and we will move in June or July. Remember last time I wrote, oh about a month ago, and I asked if anyone in the northwest wanted to trade their smaller home for mine? Well while we haven't found anyone with whom to trade homes, we are indeed going to the northwest, and we are indeed going to be downsizing when we move.

Apparently, I am just full of prophetic insight lately.



I am super-duper excited, but all the nervousness of finances and the details of moving are clouding my enthusiasm presently. We are awaiting the appraisal results. Husband's employer will buy our home if it doesn't sell in 3 months, but they will purchase it at the appraisal value. We are praying and praying and praying for a reasonable appraisal. If the appraisal isn't enough, the move won't be feasible... Houses in our neighborhood are not selling so the buyout will be the only realistic option. We need to sell our house for enough to make it possible to have some money to put down on a house in Oregon and not be strapped for cash every month trying to pay the mortgage... The waiting is killing me.

AND this money talk is depressing me.

Want to know some of the things I am really looking forward to about moving?:
*we are buying a house with a nice usable fenced backyard. This is non-negotiable. I can't wait to be able to send the kids outside to play!!!
*rain, rain, and more rain! I adore rain. I am not worried in the least about being bothered by the rain. I am just a bit worried about actually trying to lead a productive life, however, as rain does have a tendency to bring out the romantic in me. I read A.LOT (more...) when it rains.
*Trader Joe's. Really a petty reason to be excited about moving, but it's the truth. There will be a Trader Joe's within a very easy distance to my new home. No more stocking up on every California trip. I'll have it available whenever I want it! :)
*The ocean. We will be just over an hour away from the coast. While it's not the swimmable waters of Southern California that I love so much, it will be nice to be close to the beautiful rocky shores, sandy beaches to play in, whale watching, fresh fish for eating, and a new, beautiful place to vacation.
*Chickens. As soon as we are settled, I am getting us a couple backyard chickens. Fresh, healthy eggs everyday! :)
*No more driving in the snow. I loathe driving in the snow. I have major PTSD from some horrible car accidents I was in as a child/adolescent. Driving in the snow just compounds that. It will be nice to not have to worry about that anymore. If we want snow, we can drive to the mountains.
*We'll be 4 hours from Husband's brother and his new wife. We have never lived close to any of my in-laws, and I am actually looking forward to this (and I have to think that way, because when I think about how far we will be from MY family, I get a little (lot) panicky...).
*Husband's dream job. Really, he has been wanting this for the last 4 years. I am really happy for him.
*Change of scene. I've lived in my current state for almost 14 years now. I know some people spend their entire lives in the same place, but I'm not one of those people. I think I might like to be, if I found the right place, but even still I'm not sure I could be. This is the longest I've stayed put, ever. I lived in the same home for the first 8 years of my life, but since then, I haven't stayed in the same place for more than the 4 years I've been in my current home/city... I'm getting a little stir-crazy.
*I never did want to raise my kids here. I am so glad they will get the chance to spend a large part of their childhoods outside of this state...

Oregon here we come!!! :D

1 comment:

-A said...

Is it possible to be entirely excited for you while simeltaneously drowning in my own waves of panic at the thought of you moving? Because, I'm not going to lie, that's how I'm feeling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails